Malaysian Homemade Chicken Burger
Perfect Chicken Burger
Eating burger occasionally, does not possess any damage to your health, generally speaking.
In order to get rid of your guilt, exercise 10min a day to burn the fats off that would benefit your body.
However, it is unhealthy if the burgers are consume daily because the burger patties which are pre-manufactured are high in sodium (salt ) and MSG ( monosodium glutamate ).
Hence, homemade burger is the best. You can control the seasonings and handmade the burger patties according to your preference.
Which type of burger do you like?
Do you have a burger recipe?
Why not sign up now at Hubpages and start spreading out your secret recipe of your homemade burger!
You can start from HERE !
Local street burgers are a little different from burgers bought at fast food restaurant. It can be found anywhere by the street corners, Mamak restaurants and in the nightmarket.
Some burger vendors even worked thorough the night until the next morning to earn extra income by selling to midnight customers who burn midnight oil or still hanging out with friends.
It is a Malaysian style burger without any fancy packing, no lunch paper box, no advertisement, completely done with hardship, sweat and heat, no air-conditioning environment, out in cold weather and rain every day without fail. Overall, you will find them cheap, tasty and has more side ingredients than McD, KFC or Burger King.
You will be amazed that the price of a fast food burger equals to having 2 sets of local burger, not to mention that same size of the burger bun and patties but different ingredients.
- 1 piece of chicken burger patty
- 1/2 of small cucumber
- 1 small tomato
- salad dressing , any type
- 2-4 pieces of iceberg lettuce
- some butter or marjerine
- 2 cloves of shallots
- pepper and salt to taste
- Wash iceberg lettuce and set aside. Cut tomato and cucumber into slices.
- Pat dry burger patty. Heat up wok with 1 tbsp of butter. Deep fry burger patty until both sides are cooked. Remove and use a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Cut shallots into strips. Fry until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Spread both sides of burger buns with butter. Toast them until crisp.
- Place 1-2 pieces of lettuce on one side of the bun. Next, place 2-3 slices of cucumber and tomatoes.
- Spread some salad dressing on top. Add in cooked burger patty and shallots on top of the patty. Place cucumber and tomatoes slices. Lastly, 1-2 pieces of lettuce. Add a dash of pepper and salt. Cover up with the other burger bun. Flatten the burger bun slightly.
- Place cucumber and tomatoes slices. Lastly, 1-2 pieces of lettuce. Add a dash of pepper and salt. Cover up with the other burger bun. Flatten the burger bun slightly.
How to make Fast and Easy Burger
4 Types of Malaysian Burgers
Malaysian Burger comes in many different different styles and choices.
Majority consumers prefer beef and chicken which are popularly consume by the Malays, Chinese and Indian culture.. Some burger stalls also offer chicken hotdog burger to broaden the menu range.
There are 2 choices of burgers to choose from;
- NORMAL Burger or Chicken Burger ( "Biasa" means normal in Malay)
- SPECIAL Burger
- DOUBLE Burger
- TELUR Burger ( Egg Burger )
A Value For Money BurgerClick thumbnail to view full-size
Malaysian Burger Prices
Type of burgers
Chicken patty, cabbage, tomato, cucumber, black pepper sauce, onions
RM3 ( USD 86 cents )
meat patty of your choice, cabbage, cucumber, tomato, onion, black pepper sauce
RM 4 (USD $1.15)
Fried egg, cabbage, onion, cucumber, tomato, mayo
RM 2.50 (USD 72 cents)
Meat patty of your choice, fried egg, cucumber, tomato, onion, black pepper sauce
RM 3.50 (USD $1.01 )
What is Normal Burger?
Normal means with basic ingredients; which includes a burger patty of your choice, a slice of cucumber, two slices of tomatoes, generous onions, spread of mayonnaise, salad dressing or black pepper sauce , chopped cabbage and chilli sauce.
What is Special Burger?
Special means it come with AN EXTRA EGG of the normal burger, that's all. Hence, it will cost you a little more, maybe 50 cents.
In addition, consumers are spoilt for various flavor to choose from. For example, there are cheese flavor, black pepper sauce flavor, mushroom sauce or just a plain egg burger with nothing else on top.
Believe me, the very first bite you sink your teeth into this juicy burger, you will ask for a second one!!
What is Egg Burger?
An Egg burger is just a plain burger without any meat patty.
So, it is similar to a vegetarian burger without any sauce, maybe you could request for a mayo spread and chopped vegetables.
Great for non-meat eaters and weight watchers.
What is Double Burger?
Double burger doesn't means you are going to have a BIG Mac or two burgers!
Instead, you will have an extra piece of meat patty of your choice.
Yes, two grilled meat patties in one burger for an extra a dollar
Worth the price of having meats rather than chomping down two burgers!
I would have gone insane !
How often do you eat burger?
© 2010 peachy