- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
NAVRATRI SPECIAL DAY III
POTATOES IN A CREAMY YOGHURT GRAVY RECIPE
Potatoes cooked in yoghurt and spices.
- 500 gms Potatoes, (boiled and cubed)
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Fresh chopped coriander, for garnishing
- 1/2 cup of Water
- Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida and cumin seeds. Fry them for half a minute.
- Add boiled potatoes, red chilli, coriander powder, salt and turmeric powder. Mix it well and stir fry for 10 mins.
- Mix together yoghurt and water. Add the yoghurt in a pan. Keep string until it boils on medium heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with hot puris.