- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- South Asian Cuisine
NAVRATRI SPECIAL DAY VII
SABUDANA KHEER (TAPIOCA PUDDING) RECIPE
A very popular dessert made with sabudana, sugar, cardamom powder, and lots of dry fruits.
- 6 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sabudana, (tapioca)
- 8-10 Almonds, (blanched)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Pistachios, (sliced)
- Saffron a pinch
- Soak the sabudana (tapioca) in water for 15 mins.
- Heat the milk in a deep pan. Add saffron and cook for 10 mins on medium heat. Add the sabudana, almonds, sugar, and cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Boil the milk until the tapioca is cooked. Garnish with pistachios.
- Kheer (pudding) can be served cold or warm.