NAVRATRI SPECIAL DAY VIII
TOMATO CURRY RECIPE
Tomatoes cooked with gram flour (besan), curry leaves and spices.
- 8-10 Red tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Gram flour, (besan)
- 6-7 Fresh curry leaves
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powdr
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of asefotida
- Fresh chopped coriander, (for garnishing)
- Boil the tomatoes in 5 cups of water. Blend them with the hand blender and pour the blended tomatoes into the sieve to separate lumps or the skin of tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and asefotida. Stir fry for a minute. Add the gram flour (besan) and continuously stir the besan on medium heat till it is golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and blended tomatoes,salt, chopped green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder. Stir everything together well. Bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and leave for 15 mins on medium heat
- Garnish with chopped green coriander and serve it with rice.