- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Nutty Chocolate Toffee Cheesecake
THE ULTIMATE CHEESECAKE FOR THOSE WITH A SWEET TOOTH !
So easy to make and a real treat for all the family.
- Around 400g 2/3 pack digestive biscuits, alternatively chocolate digestives.
- 3oz unsalted butter
- 14oz dairy toffees
- 4oz evaporated milk
- handful pecans or walnuts
- half a bar dark chocolate, high cocoa content is best.
- 1 and a half tubs cream cheese
- 3.5 oz caster sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract, vaniilla essence can suffice but only use half teaspoon.
- 2 eggs, use free range if possible they are a much superior taste.
LETS GET GOING
- Preheat your oven to around Gas mark 4 / 180c
- Put the biscuits in a clean bag and crush them to a fine consistency using a rolling pin.Using a small saucepan slowly melt the butter over a low heat then gradually add the crushed biscuits.Press this mix into a spring form baking tin or alternatively cover a baking tin with cooking foil before covering with your biscuit mixture. Bake for 10 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Place a heatproof dish carefully into a saucepan of boiling water, pour the evaporated milk into the heatproof dish then add the toffees allow them to slowly melt into the milk whilst stirring them slowly to mix. Roughly crush the nuts with a rolling pin and then stir into the toffee mixture, pour this mix onto your biscuit base to make a caramel and biscuit layer.
- Whip the cream cheese briskly by hand to soften it then slowly add in the sugar and vanilla extract / essence, mix until smooth, add in the eggs ensuring that everything is now completely mixed and combined.
- Melt the plain chocolate in a heatproof dish set in a pan of boiling water, when thoroughly melted add this to the cheese mix and lightly blend in, pour the chocolate/ cheese mix over the caramel and nuts.
- Now bake in the oven for 40 minutes before chilling in the refrigerator overnight. Serve with a drizzle of pureed raspberries or a dollop of creme fraiche, delicious!
- How To Make A Base Curry Sauce And How To Use It.
Very easy to prepare and always ready for use.