- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Soft Naan Bread Recipe
Pakistani Naan Recipe
When we go to Indian or Pakistani restaurant they have very crispy yet soft naans. Its because they have Tandoor which is something special with very high temperature but nothing to worry, one can make good naan at home too. You can enjoy these naan with any curry or with plain butter. As the naan we buy from superstores are cold and long life naan with no taste left so its better to bake your own if you have time.
Naan and Breads are easy to make and after a little bit of practice you could be expert in it. There are different kinds of naans, some are basic which only contain plain flour and yeast and the others are filled, by adding different things like garlic, chick peas, sultanas, etc. First time you can make them plain and next onwards you can add variations in them.
Prefer Whole Wheat Flour
If you are using your own and not having a party at home then try using whole wheat flour, naan will be brown and not very fancy but it will be full of nutrition. This will give you benefit of cooking yourself as you won't find whole wheat flour naan in hotels. White naan and white bread or pastas we use are not very nutritious because they extract the outer brown layer which has most bran and the germ of grain.You only got 60% benefits and most of vitamins like B12, folic acid, zinc and folic acid are half gone. Whole wheat not only keeps your metabolism stable but also reduce weight and prevent inflammation.
Pakistani Soft Naan
- 2 cups Plain flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Half, or use 1/2 cup yogurt Egg
- 2 tbsp. Sesame seed
Your time, it will take
What you think of this recipe?
- Mix yeast with warm water and sugar, let it rise.
- Combine butter and egg / yogurt and salt. Add yeast mixture in it.
- Add plain flour gradually and make a soft dough. If needed add some milk or water. Dough will be sticky but leave it like. Let it rest for at least an hour or until double in size. Kneed it now for 5 minutes. Make equal portion balls.
- Turn on your grill on medium heat.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on each dough ball and Make a round shape Naan, it should be half inch thick.
- Place the Naan on a lined butter paper tray and then under the grill. Tray should not be very close to grill. Once you see some light burning spots on Naan, turn it for a minute only and do not let it brown from this side. Rub a little butter and enjoy your Naan.