- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
New York Black and White Cookie
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Well-Shaken Buttermilk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup (equal to 5 1/3 Tablespoons) Unsalted Butter, (Softened)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups Confectioners' Sugar, (FOR ICING)
- 1 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 to 2 Teaspoons Water
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and whisk together Baking Soda, Flour, and your Salt in a bowl. In a cup mix together your Buttermilk and Vanilla Extract.
- Beat together the Butter and Sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until it's fluffy in consistency (approximately 3 minutes) and add in the Egg and beat together well. Now you can add in the both previous mixtures (Buttermilk mixture and Flour mixture) alternating beginning and ending with the flour and mix well until smooth.
- On a buttered baking sheet spoon 1/4 Cups of batter about 2 inches or so apart and bake until puffy and until cookies are a pale golden color. (15 to 17 minutes). Cool cookies for 8 minutes.
- For the icing: Stir together Confectioners' Sugar, Corn Syrup, Vanilla Extract, Lemon Juice, and 1 tablespoon Water until smooth. Take half the icing and stir it into a seperate bowl with Cocoa Powder adding 1/2 teaspoon Water until the Chocolate Icing is the same consistency as the White Icing. Now turn cookies upside down and spread White Icing over half of each cookie and Chocolate Icing over the other half. Now time to enjoy your delicious New York Cookie!