- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
New York Style Cheesecake
Delicious and easy to make cheesecake! If you love cheesecake than try this simple recipe.
Prep. Time: 45 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Ready In: 7 hours 45 minutes
Yields: 9-12 people
- 10 Graham Crackers, (crushed)
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, (melted)
- 2 (8oz Packages) Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- *Make sure all ingredients are around room temperature. It will help make sure your batter doesn't get lumpy.
- Preheat oven to 325° Grease 9-inch springfoam pan.
- Crush graham crackers. Put butter in the microwave, covered, for 20 seconds.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix melted butter and crushed graham crackers.
- Press crust into the bottom of greased springfoam pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Blend in milk and then eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Note: Beat cream cheese and sugar ONLY until smooth. Mix the rest of the ingredients with a wooden spoon. Overbeating will cause the cheesecake to have the "wrong" texture, aka: air bubbles, not creamy texture, etc. Also overcooking will cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Poor filling onto prepared crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for ONE hour. Turn the oven off and let the cake cool in the oven for 6 hours. (This will prevent cracking.) Chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Note: Do NOT open up the oven. Once you put the cheesecake in. Set the timer for 60 minutes. When it goes off, turn off the oven, WITHOUT checking it, and let it sit for the full 6 hours. Just let it sit and do it's own thing and it will have a better chance of not cracking.
|Serving size: 1 Slice|
|Calories from Fat||162|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 18 g||28%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
*Don't have time to make a full cheesecake? Check out this fast and easy cheesecake recipe, tastes just like cheesecake but in the simplest form you can imagine.