No Bake Granola Bars
I got sick and tired of buy expensive granola bars, so I researched making my own and didn't realized how easy it was! I needed something with a lot of protein in it, so I added my own ingredients and came up with this recipe. You can substitute any type of nut, fruit, or seeds with this recipe. Just stop buying granola bars and make your own. It's cheaper and it could be healthier depending on what you add to your granola bars.
- 1 1/2 Cup Oats, (Optional: Roasted)
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter, Chunky or Creamy
- 1 1/2 Cup Honey
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips, Dark or Milk
- 1 3/4 Cup Almonds, (Optional: Roasted)
- 1 Cup Cranberries, Dried
- In a large plastic mixing bowl:add your oats, chocolate chips, almonds, and cranberries. Stir slowly and stir well.
- Add your peanut butter and honey and stir well. A mixer is recommended because of how thick the peanut butter is.
- Lay down wax paper or parchment paper on a baking sheet. Slowly add your ingredients on the baking sheet.
- Lay down another parchment paper over the mixture and use your hands to push on the parchment paper to flatten the mixture. You may need to move the parchment paper around a few times. Keep flattening until the mixture reaches all the edges of the baking sheet.
- Remove the top parchment paper when flattened and place your baking sheet and mixture into the freezer for 2-3 hours. This will help harden your granola bars so they won't fall apart in your hand.
- Take them out and use a pizza cutter to cut to size. Depending on the size you want, your should be able to get 20-30 granola bars.
- Wrap them individually and store in the freezer. Take one out and dethaw to the softness to your desire.
*In a microwave safe bowl, you can heat up the peanut butter for 10 seconds before you add it to the mixture. This will make the peanut butter easier to stir into the mixture.
© 2018 Brittany Banks