No-Cook Vegan Energy Bar Recipe
This recipe for a no-cook vegan energy bar is the quickest and easiest way I have found to make delicious, energy-rich, snack bars in a matter of minutes. Full of oats, fruit and natural goodness!
This recipe contains no sugar, syrup or honey, yet these energy bars are deliciously sweet.
- 150g dates
- 100g oats
- 50g raisins or sultanas
- 30-40g apple, about a quarter of an apple, cored but unpeeled
- 30g peanut butter
- 20g apple juice
- 10g flaked almonds
Vegan Energy Bar Preparation Instructions
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor.
- Turn on the food processor for about a minute until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Turn the mixture out into a dish and press the mixture firmly into the dish with the back of a spoon.
- Place the dish in the fridge for half an hour to help it set.
- Remove from fridge, cut into pieces and enjoy.
You can't get much simpler than this! The first batch I did came out quite moist. The mixture doesn't really change a great deal in consistency after you take it out of the food processor so if it looks a bit sticky in the processor you can always add some more dried ingredients such as oats or flaked almonds. The more fruit and fruit juice you add the more moist it will become.
Of course there are no limits when it comes to ingredients. You could use any kind of fruit and even use peanuts instead of peanut butter, but make sure they are unsalted.
Putting the mixture in the fridge for a while seems to help it to set slightly but if you're impatient you can eat them straight away!
Do you find that raw food gives you more energy than cooked food?
© 2014 Rob Butler