No Gelatin Marshallow
I found this recipe on Facebook which didnt require gelatin to my surprise I decided to try it. When I was reading the recipe it wasnt clear as it didnt have any timings or exact measurements. So what I did I took note of all the ingredients and have done it my way. Hope you all enjoy. Marshmallows without gelatin is the recipe that most vegetarian people look for so here you go. Well if I was to name this recipe I would call it semolina slices with coconut. After serveral talks with my followers I have decided to call it no gelatin marshmallows.
- 500 ml Milk, Liquid
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 1/2 cup Powdered Milk
- 1/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla essence
- 2 drops Food colour, your choice
- Over medium heat put a pan pour milk in the pot. Heat it for 3 mins.
- Add Semolina, Vanilla, Condensed milk and milk powder. Mix well add food colour and mix until well combined.
- Cook for 5mins the mixture should turn into paste like consistency.
- Pour the marshmallows mixture over a greased tray or pan. Place it in the fridge to set.
- Once set cut them into squares or desired shapes. Sprinkle or roll desiccated coconut over marshmallows. Enjoy
This recipe isnt sweet if you want it to be sweet add 1/2 a cup of sugar, and if you like it to be super sweet add 1 cup of sugar.
If lumps appear while cooking keep on stirring and it will be gone. Make sure theres no lumps before pouring it into the pan or tray.