No Pasta Lasagna
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: Serves 4
- 4 zucchini or squash, or 2 of each
- 2 cups Ricotta
- 1 Bag Fresh Spinach
- 1 Cup Cooked Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove, Chopped Finely
- 1 Cup Mozzerella
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Fresh Tomato, Optional
- Saute fresh baby spinach in a tbsp of olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Using a mandolin cut squash and onion. Also cut carrots to desired size.
- Start layering: 1) Add a layer of squash 2) A layer of ricotta 3) A layer of spinach 4) A layer of Carrots 5) A layer of mozzarella 6) Top with Fresh Tomatoes
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes then top with bread crumbs
Meat can be put into this dish as well as other vegetables.
I cooked this dish in four separate casserole dishes (ramekins) so it wasn't very thick. Please keep this in mind when it comes to the cook time.
As a side dish we also had plain white rice, and it was a huge hit. Especially with my mother in law who has been watching her carb, cholesterol, and fat intake.