Non-Alcoholic Pina Colada: Recipes for Healthy Drinks with Coconut Water and Coconut Milk
Non- Alcoholic Drinks for Hot Summer Days
Summer has arrived and it is time for cookouts, family reunions, and back yard fun. For these occasions, it isn't always practical to drink alcoholic drinks. Whether you are dieting, pregnant, or the designated driver, there are many non-alcoholic drinks to enjoy while partying or relaxing.
If you are health conscience, coconut milk and coconut water provide exceptional health and diet benefits from improvement in blood pressure and cardiovascular function to the burning of belly fat. Unlike soft drinks, caffeinated teas, and alcoholic beverages, these non- alcoholic drinks will not promote dehydration in hot summer months. These healthy drinks not only taste good, but can be incorporated into many recipes to make them good for you.
Ingredients for Healthy Pina Colada
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk, or Coconut Cream Drink
- 1/2 Cup Cream of Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Rum Extract, (1/2 cup Rum if alcoholic)
- 1 Cup Fresh Pineapple Chunks, (can use pineapple juice)
- 4 Tablespoons White Sugar, Can use substitute like Splenda
- 12 Large Ice Cubes
- Add coconut milk, pineapple juice, rum extract, sugar, and ice into a blender.
- Set blender on high to crush the ice. After crushed, set the blender on blend or low. Blend until smooth!
- Pour mixture into a festive glass. Garnish and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Non-Alcoholic Amaretto Pina Colada Recipe
For a creamier desert like treat (and for those who don't like pineapple), the Amaretto Pina Colada Recipie is a great alternative.
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Cream of Cocunut
2 Tablespoons of Half n' Half
1/4 Cup Amaretto Syrup
4 Tablespoons of White Sugar or 2 Tablespoons of Sugar Substitute
12 Large Ice Cubes
Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend on high till smooth.
For an exotic and healthy non- alcoholic beverage, a Coconut Cola is a great drink on a hot day.
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Cup Cola
1 Tablespoon of Lime Juice
Mix Well. Serve over ice with an umberella.
Coconut Melon Tango
2 Cups of Cantaloupe. Juiced on highest setting on blender to liquefy. Strain the liquid if you don't want the pulp in your drink.
2 Cups of Coconut Water
1 Teaspoon of Sugar of 1/2 Teaspoon of Sugar Substitute
1 Pinch of Pepper
Combine all ingredients together in a pitcher of ice. Serve cold. Garnish with cantaloupe or mint sprig.
Coconut Water Cocojito
1/2 Cup Coconut Water (chilled)
10 Mint Leaves
3 oz. Rum Extract
2 Tablespoons of Fresh Lime Juice
Crush mint leaves in the bottom of tall glass with a spoon. Pour lime juice into bottom of glass on top of the mint leaves. Fill with ice, rum extract, and coconut water. Garnish with additional mint leaves. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Drinking Coconut Water and Milk
Coconut products have recently been revered for their health benefits including improvement to the skin, hair, and nails to increased function in vascular activity. Coconut products have been found to:
- Decrease Belly Fat
- Maintain blood glucose levels to a healthy level due to coconut's concentration of Manganese
- Builds strong bones because of its high Phosphorus content
- Naturally calm nerves and muscles due to its high Magnesium content
- And.. can even lower high blood pressure as it is a natural source of Potassium
One coconut has more protein than the average steak. People can benefit from eating its meat, oil, and drinking coconut milk. Coconut products are not "dairy" food so can be enjoyed by those with milk allergies or those who may be lactose intolerant.
What is Your Favorite Non- Alcoholic Drink?
Other Great Recipes
- Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
An easy to follow recipe for a homemade cake from scratch. Instructions and pictures included.
- Authentic ITALIAN PIZZELLES: Dessert Recipes & More
Pizzelle (wafer) cookies have been enjoyed for centuries and remain extremely popular today. Read more to learn how to turn these simple treats into elegant desserts that everyone will love.
- Foil Packet Recipe - Fast Food Made Simple
- Drink Recipes - The Kermit Special Cocktail
The Kermit Special Cocktail is a great party drink for adults and kids. Using vodka, rum or curacao, with a dash of lime juice it is the greenest drink in town. And for kids, what about a Kermit ice slurpee?
- Recipes For Blue Cheese. Stilton Pear & Nut Quick Quiche
It sounds like the combination from hell. Stilton, Pear, Walnuts and Pistachios. But throw them together in this quick quiche recipe and transform these ingredients into a really fast and tasty meal.
- Authentic Mughlai Cuisine- Chicken Butter Masala
Delve yourself into the rich Mughal Delicacy