- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
North Carolina Sweet Potato Pie
- 2 1/4 Cups Cooked and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packaged Instant French Vanilla Pudding
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, (Softened)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 (9 Inch) Pie Shell
- 1 Can Whipped Cream, (Optional) (For Topping)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and in a bowl combine all ingredients and beat until its well blended together. Spread into your Pie Shell and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until the Pie sets. Allow to cool and top with Whipped Cream, Enjoy your pie!