- Food and Cooking
Nutrient express green smoothie
Simple, quick and yum!
Looking for a way to get your hit of nutrients in the mornings?
If like me, you're not ready to eat a meal until later in the morning- this smoothie may work for you.
I LOVE it- build it in my George Foreman (similar to nutri-bullet- but cheaper!), blend and take it with me if I'm on the go. It fills me up and keeps me going until I'm ready to eat come midday :)
- 1-2 handfuls Fresh spinach, Organic where possible. Could also use baby kale
- 1 Whole banana- ripe, Chopped into bite sizes
- 1-2 cups Coconut milk, Could use Almond, Rice or Organic Soy milk
- 1-2 teaspoons Raw, organic honey, Could use Manuka honey
- 1 teaspoon Bee Pollen, Available in good health food stores or local markets
- 1-2 teaspoons Protein powder, Optional as bee pollen is packed with protein. Try to use high a quality powder such as RAW
Build and Blend :)
- Place spinach, chopped banana and coconut milk in the cylinder or blender jug.
- Add bee pollen and honey. Protein powder if you choose. And blend!
What goodness am I getting in this yumminess?
Antioxidants, high protein, Vitamins- A, B2, C, K. Minerals- magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium.
Combat cancer, improve eye health, anti- ageing.
Antioxidants. Vitamins- B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, vit C. Minerals- magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium chlorine, calcium, copper, iron, manganese, sulphur, zinc and phosphate.
Too many to mention- Check out link for more: http://wakeup-world.com/2012/07/23/the-health-benefits-of-raw-honey/
Antioxidant. High fibre. Minerals- phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, Vitamin B6, C
Aid digestion, source of energy, promote bone health. See more: http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/25-powerful-reasons-to-eat-bananas
Antioxidants. High fibre. Vitamins- C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6. Minerals- iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
Antibacterial, aid digestion, also a beauty product. For more: http://www.seedguides.info/coconut-milk/
High protein, amino acids. And more: http://www.bee-pollen-buzz.com/bee-pollen-vitamins.html
Aid digestion, source of energy, strengthen immune system. See link: http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/10-amazing-health-benefits-of-bee-pollenHigh protein, amino acids,