Oat Milk Recipe - Lactoze Free Product
Why do we Drink Oat Milk?
Many people prefer oat milk as an alternative for regular milk because of lactose intolerance. Others may choose this natural drink for its many health benefits. Let's see what they are:
- Did you know that oat is rich in fibers and proteins?
- With the antioxidants that can be found in oat, drinking oat milk could support the immune system and even help reduce high cholesterol
- It contains vitamin A, B and E, that are essential for great hair and skin
...And it's so easy to prepare at home. So let's get started on it.
- 1 mug or Oat flakes
- a pinch of salt
- a small teaspoon of honey or brown sugar
- Wash the oat flakes, pour them into a bowl and cover the flakes with clean water. Close the bowl with a lid and leave it on the counter for 24 hours.
- After letting the flakes soak in water for 24 hours, take the bowl and strain its content. You can pour out this first liquid.
- Place the oat in a tall jar or plastic container and add some clean water.
- Put the pinch of salt and some brown sugar or honey into the jar. You may also add cinnamon or vanilla for a sweeter taste.
- Place a blender into the jar and cover the top with a kitchen towel so the counter will stay spotless.
- Blend the content and then taste with a small spoon. Add more salt or sugar as you prefer.
- Depending on how smooth you'd like the drink to be you may also pour the milk through a strainer as a finishing step.
- The oat milk will remain in excellent condition for up to 3 days in the fridge. Don't forget to shake it before consumption.
© 2013 Zsuzsi @ hubpages.com
© 2013 Zsuzsi