Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie
Delicious, soft and chewy to the max! These cookies are delicious and combine just the right amount of oats with butter and chocolate. Substitute in coconut or raisins if you don't like the chocolate.
I use a kitchen scale to measure out my ingredients to ensure that the finished product is the same every time. Oven temperatures and cooking time may vary. In my current oven these cookies are perfectly soft and moist after nine minutes. In my last oven it took 10 1/2 minutes. Adjust the cooking time to your preference but remember that cookies continue to cook once they are removed from the oven.
- 281 grams unsalted butter
- 158 grams brown sugar
- 105 grams white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 240 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 354 grams oats
- 50 grams instant vanilla pudding powder
- 305 grams chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set the oven rack to the middle position
- Blend butter, sugars, vanilla and egg together until creamy
- Add in baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- Add and mix in the instant vanilla pudding powder. This step can be omitted but the pudding powder helps improve the softness and shelf life of your final cookies.
- Slowly measure out the flour and oats into a separate bowl and gradually add it into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix the batter but ensure it is combined well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand, making sure to incorporate them into the batter.
- Measure out 30g balls of cookie dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press balls down and shape them into small disks about 1/2 an inch thick. Bake in preheated oven for 11-13 minutes. Cookies continue to bake after they are removed from the oven. Let rest on the baking pan for 2 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack.