Incredibly Good Old Fashion Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here is a very tasty cookie recipe for Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. i have been making them this way for years and my kids loved them and so do I. You can whip up the entire batch and store them in your cookie jar or you can create the batter and store it in the fridge, it keeps for a long time and you can bake up a tray as you see fit to do so.
if you try them let me know what you think?
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Softened butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar, Substituting with White alters the taste
- 1 tsp, Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3 cups Oatmeal, use quick cooking 3-5 minute variety
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Choc Chips /Chunks
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Combine the Eggs, Butter/margarine, Brown sugar and Vanilla Extract together in a bowl and mix well. Combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a '2-Cup' measuring cup and pour into the mixture, mix well. Add in oatmeal and chocolate chips in that order and mix well. Batter should be slightly sticky to the touch.
- Form batter balls roughly the size of a household teaspoon and place them on a cookie tray roughly 2 cm apart. Flatten balls slightly on the cookie tray using a fork. Place tray in preheated oven for 8 to 9 minutes depending on your oven.
Do you prefer home baked over store bought cookies?
© 2012 Robin Olsen