- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Healthy eating is trendy and smart. Bad eating habits contribute to various health problems, so why not make a few simple changes to put better ingredients into your body? The recipe that follows is for an extremely tasty cookie that does not lack any flavor. Most sweets include excessive and unnecessary butter and high fat content, but these cookies only include enough to bind the ingredients together and help the ingredients work together to bring out all the bold delicious flavors.
These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies include wheat flour, old-fashioned oats, flax seed and limited amounts of sugar and butter. Whip up a batch for the family or bring some to your next work function. No matter the age of your cookie lover, these cookies are sure to be a hit as they are savory and sweet and you'll feel good that you are feeding your body right.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons flax seed, milled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In large bowl with wire whisk, mix all ingredients except oats and chocolate chips.
- Add the oats and chips to mixture.
- If the mixture appears dry, add more vegetable oil, a teaspoon at a time.
- Place onto non-stick pan by rounded teaspoon.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Make sure to not overcook cookies; they should be tender to touch when they are done.
- Add more chocolate chips if you'd like. Press chips firmly into each cookie after removing from oven. They will melt in and give the cookie an extra little taste of chocolate goodness.
© emilybee, 2011-2012. All Rights Reserved.