- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Oatmeal Graham Cracker Cookie Bars Recipe
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Yields: 2 dozen cookies bars
I like to make breakfast for myself on the weekend to last me the whole work week.
I would rather make something to eat, beforehand, so I don’t waste time or money trying to stand in line and end up paying three times as much for something that I can get at home without the hassle.
These oatmeal graham cracker cookies are some “breakfast” cookies (if there is such a thing) that I have made so I could just grab a quick bite with my coffee in the morning before rushing out the door to get to work.
I have added chocolate chips and chopped pecans to these cookies, but you can add other ingredients, like raisins or dried cranberries, or just omit the extras all together.
This one pan can last about a week and will make up about two dozen cookie bars.
1 cup of oatmeal (rolled oats)
2 cups of ground / crushed graham crackers
2 sticks (1 cup) of unsalted Butter
½ cup of White Sugar
½ cup of Brown Sugar
1 cup of All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of baking powder
2 whole eggs
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons (2 ounces) of heavy cream or milk
1 cup of dark chocolate chips, optional
1 cup of chopped pecans, optional
--13x10 baking dish
--medium mixing bowl
--butter flavored cooking spray
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. For the graham crackers (which for two cup, you will need 16 ounce of crackers. You can weigh it out on a kitchen scale or you can use a single packet of about 9 4-square cracker that came in the box) you can crush them by hand or use a food processor.
3. In the medium mixing bowl, sift / whisk together the all-purpose flour, the salt, the baking soda and the baking powder, and then set it aside.
4. In the standing mixer, combine the white sugar, the brown sugar and the 2 sticks of butter and beat them together until they are completely blended.
5. Add the 2 eggs, pure vanilla extract, and the cream to the butter and sugar mixture and blend them together.
6. Add the all-purpose flour mixture, in three parts, and mix together with the other ingredients in the standing mixer.
7. Add the crushed graham crackers, and mix together.
8. Add the oatmeal (rolled oats), and mix together.
9. Add the chopped pecans and chocolate chips, if you are using them, and mix them together until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
10. Spray the 13x10 baking dish with the butter flavored cooking spray.
11. Scoop the cookie dough into the dish and lightly spread it evenly in the baking dish.
12. Bake the cookie dough batter for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cookie.
13. Allow the pan to cool completely before cutting into squares.
14. These cookies will last up to a week before losing any freshness (even longer if they are kept in the refrigerator).