Oatmeal and Ginger Cookies
Oatmeal is an excellent source of dietary fibre. Whether you use organic, steel cut or regular quaker oats this cookie recipe proves that healthy food can also taste delicious.
To adapt this recipe for gluten free diets ensure you use oats that are not produced in a facility where there is cross contamination with wheat. Healthfood and some grocery chains offer this option.
Change up the all purpose flour to half cup brown rice flour, half cup almond flour and half cup stoneground sorghum flour.
Please vote to rate this recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, (see above for gluten free flour combination
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or natural golden sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 1 egg beaten
- 1.2 tsp salt
- Combine the dry ingredients into an electric mixer or mixing bowl. Blend in softened butter, beaten egg and honey, beat well for 2 minutes.
- Form dough into round balls and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Pat down lightly.
- Place in pre-heated oven @ 375 for 8 minutes. Watch that bottoms do not overcook. If necessary turn over cookies and cook for another 1-2 miinutes until done. Leave to set and then cool on wire rack.