Oatmeal and M & M yummies
Please rate this recipe
Oatmeal and m & m Yummies
These cookies melt in the mouth. They are best slightly underdone, so keep a watch on the time. The recipe makes about 36 small to mid size cookies. Quick to make they are ideal for unexpected tea-time visitors or as a snack in the lunch box.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour (w/w or Multi-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mini m & m's or chocolate chips, (optional): Add seeds or nuts
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 cup butter
Making the Oatmeal Yummies
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper Cream together butter, eggs and sugar. Add 2 tbsps. of water and blend in.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix well. Add oatmeal x 1cup at a time and mix in well. Finally stir in m & m's, or other ingredients such as nuts and seeds.
- Using a teaspoon drop mounds of the mixture onto the lined cookie sheets and bake for 7-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cookies will store in an airtight tin for up to a week.
Why Parchment Paper?
Baking on Parchment paper, rather than using fat or spray, offers a healthier baking option, plus the parchment is reusable for other cookie baking. Baking on parchment also prevents the risk of over cooking the base of the cookies or burning from too much grease on the cookie sheet. Some pre-sprayed or treated sheets have been shown to have risks to your health.
© 2013 Lizam1