- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Please rate this Recipe
Whether you love to bake, or find it a chore, this recipe is simple to do and makes a great after school snack or something extra to put in the lunch box for children and adults. You probably already have the ingredients in your pantry. You can also add flax or other seeds, shredded coconut, raisins or cranberries to the basic recipe. You know they'll love you for these melt in the mouth kisses.
Bake at 350 on parchment paper for easy clean up.
- 2 cups flour (whole-wheat or all purpose)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 pack (1 3/4 cups) chocolate kisses - milk or plain
- 1 cups (optional) rasisins/shredded coconut/cranberries
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Pre-heat over to 350. In a large mixing bowl place softened butter and mix with the sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Add flour, oats, soda and baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon and with a wooden spoon combine well. Then stir in chocolate kisses and other optional ingredients as desired.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and spoon mounds of the mixture in rows. Allow space for expansion whilst cooking. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days.