OLD EL PASO- Review: Crispy Chicken -Soft Taco Kit
I have three words to describe OLD EL PASO Easy, Appetizing and quick. I decided to write a review on this excellent product, because I found all my family liked the flavors and especially the healthy salad you can add to the meal.
I score this product 8/10 why?
This is excellent for busy people who work alot - who are looking for fast meals, family's with small children. Also a great meal to get children to help in the kitchen this can be a useful job setting up the table with lettuce mix, diced tomato's, guacamole or learning to prepare a meal. Cooking and preparing a healthy family meal or dinner for two is never dull with a packet of soft taco kit with crispy chicken. I promise you'll love this because it's convenient, healthy and ready in 15 Min's.
Ingredients are slightly different as described on packet, I believe this makes the recipe more appealing with a few additional foods. Remember you can add whatever you like.
I brought this on sale for AUD$5.00 at Woolworth's. There is many different varieties for sale but I do recommend the crispy chicken as it comes with a sweet chili sauce and it's just delicious. Please try for yourself. I'm interested in if you have used this brand before and what your thoughts are, feel free to comment.
- 1 Packet of Old El Paso - Crispy Chicken Soft Tacos
- 400g Chicken Breast ( more tough) or Thigh ( more moist) sliced thinly.
- 1 Frezzer Bag
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable
- 1 Bowl of mixed lettuce mix or spinach leaves
- 2 Diced Tomoatos
- 1/2 Cup of light sour cream
- 1/2 1 ripe avocado
- Chop - chicken breast or thigh into thinly sliced pieces. Sometimes, I do prefer the thigh as it's more tender to eat than the breast more tougher.
- Shake - Chicken & Crispy Chicken in a plastic frezzer bag, making sure the coating is covering all of the chicken pieces.
- Heat - olive oil in frying pan untill hot and it starts sizzling & cook coated chicken untill golden brown & crispy. Cook for 3 mins, but packet recommends for 1 minute - I suggest longer as chicken needs to be cooked longer.
- Warm - Tortillas. Open Tortilla pack and do remove, throw away freshness sachet from packet. Microwave Tortillas on High for 1 minute - packet recommends for 35 seconds on 100% on high/1100watt.
- Serve - Top warmed Tortillas with crispy chicken, lettuce mix, diced tomoato, sour cream or gucamole & Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- FOLD INTO A SOFT TACO - DELICIOUS MEXICANA!
Follow my pictures 1 - 6 instructions.
Parent's are great role models by allowing their children into the kitchen and making healthy food choices at home. This meal may even bring the family to the table - talk about what everyone did that day and their achievements.