- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Old Fashioned Banana-Oat Muffin | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Funny how the more we learn about nutrition the smarter our Moms and Grandmas become. They constantly taught us to eat your ruff-age, and fiber. This Cupboard Drawer favorite was passed down through generations and not only filled the bill but was something all of us looked forward to; and was always in short supply as soon as they came out of the oven. Do Enjoy!!
½ cup Butter, softened
¾ cup Light Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
¼ cup Milk
2 Medium size, 0r 3 very Small Ripe Bananas mashed (about 1 cup worth)
1 ½ cup all purpose Flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
Pre Heat Oven to 375 (F) 191 (C)
- Grease twelve 2 ½ inch muffin pan cups, or use paper baking cup inserts in a muffin pan(s).
- In a large Bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until blended and sugar is free of lumps (about 1 min).
- Reserve 1 tbsp of Oats, then add all other ingredients and beat on Medium just until smooth (approx 1 more min)
- Spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin pans cups. Sprinkle each one with a pinch of the reserved Oats.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm (my Fav) or at room temperature.
Yield – 12 Muffins
You can take this basic idea and add all manner of nuts or additional fruits as your taste and whims allow. I like a 1/2 cup of the following at different times,
Just make sure you blend them well and don't dilly dally with scooping the batter as heavy stuff like nuts will sink to the bottom of the mixing bowl oif you let it sit. Have Fun!!
More From The Cupboard Drawer
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...