- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Old Fashioned Lunchroom Butter Cookies!
My yummy homemade Butter Cookies!
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 18 min
Ready in: 38 min
Yields: 24 cookies (2 dozen)
- 2 sticks salted or unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, real
- 2 tablespoons vanilla, real
- Cream butter and sugar
add - salt, vanilla, lemon juice.
- Add flour. Mix with large wooden spoon, or, in mixer.
- Make 24 cookies in your hands and press down on cookie sheets with 3 middle fingers making indentations.
- Bake at 350 degrees in pre-heated oven for 18 minutes, or until brown around edges.
- Once your cookies are done, let cool for 10 minutes, if you can wait! Drink an ice cold glass of milk to go with them. Um, good!