Old Fashioned Salmon Cakes
What you will need.
- 14.75 oz canned pink salmon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
How to make it.
- First, drain salmon and pull out any bones.
- Combine salmon, chopped onion, crushed crackers, salt, pepper, and beaten egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Add olive oil to frying pan and warm on medium heat
- Shape salmon into small patties, creating about 7 patties total.
- Lightly flour both sides of the salmon patty, add to frying pan.
- Cook for 7 minutes, then flip patty and cook for 7 more minutes.
These work really well as a sandwich (on a bun.) You can also simply dip the salmon cakes in ketchup, or your favorite dipping sauce.