- Food and Cooking
Old Settlers Baked Bean Recipe
Please rate this recipe
Baked Bean Recipe
What is a potluck with out a baked bean dish that everyone will love and want the recipe for. Even for Sunday after church potluck this dish will win the hearts over of everyone in the congregation.
Just last week we had a professional football party that we attended and my wife says what shall I make for all these hungry people that will be a hit? Of course I told her to make her wonderful baked bean dish.
This recipe also has another name it goes by which is "four bean baked beans", but everyone in our family goes by Old Settlers Backed Beans. The recipe is easy to make and the cost is very reasonable.
When I tell the people what type of beans are in the recipe most people will say "YUCK", but then I tell them that they have to try a spoonful before they make any decision. Because I know once they try it they will fill their plate and go back for seconds.
About a month ago we were at some friends home for a cook out after we came back from scalloping. We were cooking the scallops on the grill and I my wife was instructed to make her Old Settlers Baked Beans, the neighbor never had them before and he said forget it since they have lima beans in the recipe. He said no lima bean was going to pass his lips, well we talked him into giving the recipe a try. Before the evening was over he had my wife cornered begging her for the recipe.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce, your favorite
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 oz can pork and beans, undrained
- 16 oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 16 oz can lima beans, drained
Directions for putting together
- In a large skillet, cook beef, bacon and onion until meat is done and onion is tender. Drain any fat. Combine all remaining ingredients except beans. Add to meat mixture; mix well. Stir in beans.
- Place in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts for Old Settlers Baked Beans
|Serving size: 1 (253g)|
|Calories from Fat||270|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 30 g||46%|
|Saturated fat 10 g||50%|
|Carbohydrates 69 g||23%|
|Sugar 33 g|
|Fiber 10 g||40%|
|Protein 29 g||58%|
|Cholesterol 83 mg||28%|
|Sodium 1348 mg||56%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|