- Food and Cooking
Egg and Omelette Curry
Egg and Omelette Curry
A magnificent combo curry dish, the Egg and Omelette Curry combines eggs and omelettes into one delicious meal, making it an egg lovers' fantasy come true. The omelettes are juicy as they are infused with the curry and the eggs, well fried and flavored by the masalas (owing to the slits I make on the boiled eggs).
I have added 1 cut onion into the beaten egg to make the omelette as I don't prefer more than one. Folding the omelette gives a thick texture to each piece that goes into the curry, and with the curry infusing in them, they truly turn out so juicy.
I guarantee your results with this curry will be outstanding, so try this recipe out.
- 6 eggs
- 3 medium size onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 each cardamom, clove, cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Salt (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 or 3 pinches of pepper powder
- 7 tbsp Oil
1. Boil 3 eggs and keep aside,.and beat the other 3 eggs (to make the omelette).
2. Cut onions,and tomatoes finely.
3. Cut the green chilli longitudinally, into half.
Instructions for cooking the curry
1. De-shell the boiled eggs and make 2 or 3 slits on each boiled egg, so that while sooking the eggs are infused with the flavors of the curry.
2. Mix 1 finely cut onion into the beaten eggs, add some salt and pepper to it.
3. As we've beaten 3 eggs, we are going to make an omelette out of each of those eggs, so use 3 portions for your 3 omelettes.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the pan and put 1 portion of the beaten egg for each of your omelettes. On a medium flame, let it cook on one side, then fold the omelette 3 times as in shown in the image below the Instructions section. After folding it, turn the omelette and press lightly from the top so that it cooks from the inside. Slow the flame and take the omelette out of the pan and keep it aside - do this for the rest of your omelettes.
5. Now, each of your omelette should look like the folded omelette in the image below the Instructions section. Cut each of these omelettes into 2 or 3 pieces (according to your preference) - thus it will make 6 to 9 pieces from your 3 beaten eggs
6. In the same pan, heat 4 tbsp of oil. On a medium flame, fry the boiled egg evenly from all sides, but do not fry it too much, just so it changes its color on the surface. Take your eggs out and keep aside. Next we'll get to preparing the curry for the eggs and omelette.
7. In the same oil, add bay leaf, whole garam masala (cardamom, clove and cinnamon), and as they splutter, add the rest of your onions. Fry the onions and when it changes its color, add ginger-garlic paste, and fry for a minute or two.
8. Add tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are cooked. Now, add 2 tbsp of water and add turmeric, chilli, coriander, cumin and garam masala powder, green chilli, salt and sugar. Stir fry for a while so that the masala blends with the onions and tomatoes. Soon, the oil will start separating from the masala.
9. Now, add boiled eggs and cut omelette, and then add hot water according to your preference for the thickness of your curry. Let it boil for 5 to 7 minutes on a slow medium flame so that the curry will infuse into the egg and omelette. Switch off the flame.
10. Add chopped coriander leaves as your garnishing.
11. Your Egg and Omelette Curry is ready.
This is a wonderful recipe and its been in my family since I was a kid, so I grew up with it. Combining eggs with omelette is a kind of combo that is pretty awesome. Its not hard to make at all and you will enjoy cooking this and eating to your hearts' content. So try this recipe out and enjoy this magnificent curry dish.