- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions»
- Dietary Restrictions for Health
On The Go Idea For Gluten Free "Cinnamon Rolls"
Now this isn't a fully blown recipe where you have to measure out ingredients and bake for fifteen minutes. This is a super quick way to make something that will taste really close to eating cinnabons or cinnamon rolls for those who are Gluten Free and want to be able to eat those things even though they don't have a lot of time in the morning.
I've been trying to keep up a gluten free, dairy free, egg free, peanut free diet since I found out I have food intolerances about six years ago or so. I constantly crave cinnamon rolls in the morning, because cinnamon rolls were one of my favorite breakfast foods before I started this diet. Because of my diet now though it takes much longer to make myself cinnamon rolls so I have them as a rare treat occasionally. I came up with the idea to make quick ones after eating some gluten free french toast sticks that I'd gotten. So enjoy this super quick "recipe".
- Van's Gluten Free French Toast Sticks
- Vanilla Frosting
Van's French Toast
Van's Gluten Free French Toast Sticks
Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting
- Get your ingredients: Van's Gluten Free French Toast Sticks and a container of Vanilla Frosting. Whole Foods and Target carry the Van's products usually.
- Decide on how you want to warm up the french toast sticks. You can either use a toaster or you can use a microwave. Heat for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the french toast from microwave or toaster.
- Use a spoon or butter knife to apply your desired amount of frosting to the french toast sticks. Be sure to do this step when your french toast is still warm so the frosting will melt deliciously. You can also just dip the sticks into the tub of frosting.
- You can roll each stick into a mini roll if you want or keep it as a stick. If you're making this for on the go roll the sticks so they won't be as messy. You can also roll the stick up into a mini roll then apply the frosting to the top of the mini roll.
Van's Gluten Free French Toast
Frosting On Knife
These aren't exactly cinnamon rolls but they taste close to the real deal and if you want some cinnamon rolls in a hurry this will appease that craving.
If you like more cinnamon and brown sugar on your cinnamon rolls you can had some to the top of the french toast sticks before microwaving them. Without doing that the sticks are really cinnamony enough in my opinion, but if your taste is more demanding you can definitely add more.