- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hour
Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
Yields: 8 to 10 servings
- 8 large White potatoes, 1/2 inch thick slices
- 3 small Yellow onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Salted butter
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Paprika, garnishing
- 1 lb. American cheese
- 1/2 lb. Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour whole milk, water and seasonings into 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Add sliced American cheese to milk and seasoning. Lay sliced potatoes into baking dish with the chopped onions.
- Melt salted butter and pour evenly over ingredients in baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes; until desired tenderness.
- Once desired tenderness is achieved, uncover potatoes and sprinkle cheddar cheese & paprika evenly across top. Re-cover and place into oven until cheddar is melted & slightly golden brown.Let cool for about 10 minutes.Enjoy :)