How to make Onion Dosai or Vengaya Dosai South Indian Breakfast Recipe
Vengaya Dosai or Onion Dosai South Indian Breakfast Recipe with Idly Milagai Podi or Spiced chutney as side dish
Onion Dosa South Indian Breakfast Recipe
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 20 min
Yields: Serves two people
- 2 cup Dosa Batter, (salt added)
- Refined Oil, (as required)
- 1 Big Onion, (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tea spoon Sambar powder or chilli powder
onions with sambar powder getting fried in the oil
1 ladle of batter is poured in the center and spread in a circular motion.
onions spread across on the dosa.
- In a frying pan, pour 1 table spoon oil and wait till it gets heated.
- Put the chopped onions and fry till onions becomes golden brown.
- Add the sambar powder or chilly powder and fry along with the onions.
- Off the flame and place this fried onions in a separate plate.
- Now we will make onion dosa.
- Heat a non stick tawa or iron tawa. Add one or two drops of oil and rub with half onion. This process avoids Dosa from sticking to the tawa.
- Pour one ladle of batter in the center of tawa and spread it in a circular motion as shown in the image.
- Drizzle one tea spoon of oil around and across the dosa.
- Once the dosa is cooked to some extent, flip it over to the other side.
- Cook the other side also well and turn the dosa back.
- Spread the onions on the dosa, wait as it is; for few seconds and take it out of the flame.
- Serve hot with any chutney or idly milagai podi.
Refer my hub for making Idly Milagai Podi
- Idly Milagai Podi South Indian Madras Style Recipe
Idly Milagai Podi is a South Indian side dish recipe. It goes well, when mixed with Gingelly oil or coconut oil. This powder can be preserved for long period. Much suitable for Idli and Dosa varieties