- Food and Cooking
Make "Onion Rings" fast (recipe)
These rings are awesome with cold beer!
Serve "Onion Rings" to your friends! They will be satisfied!
- 7 ml Salt
- 3 ml Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 carton Buttermilk
- 4-5 Large onions, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 bottle Sunflower oil, for frying
- Measure the salt and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the soda into the buttermilk until it gives the mixture foams. Pour this on the flour mix and put all the ingredients together to a batter.
- Put the onion rings into the batter. Use a fork to lift one ring at a time until coats with batter. Immediately put a ring into hot shallow oil. Fry few rings at once, for a minute on each side until it gets puffy and brown.
- Put the rings on kitchen paper towel, then grind over some salt. Serve! ;)
How it looks
Calories from Fat 565
Daily Value %:
1. Total Fat 62g 95%
2. Satur. Fat 10g 50%
3. Trans Fat 0g
4. Cholesterol 0mg 0%
5. Sodium 740mg 31%
6. Total Carbohydrate 55g 18%
7. Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
8. Sugars 8g
9. Protein 4g 8%
1. Vitamin A 0 %
2. Vitamin C 8 %
3. Calcium 0 %
4. Iron 4 %
The Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.