- Food and Cooking
Onion, Cucumber and Celery Pickle
This is a great pickle recipe, containing a mix of vegetables, delicious, nutritious and very easy to make.
- 3 long pickling cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper finely sliced
- 1 sweet onion finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 white sugar
- 1/2 white wine vinegar
- Put vegetables, celery seeds and salt in a bowl and mix well. Set aside for 1 hour, with stirring after regular interval.
- Take a skillet and heat vinegar for 3 minutes on low heat. Dissolve sugar in vinegar. Slightly cool. Pour this mixture onto vegetables. Mix well.
- Put pickle mixture into sterile pint jar and refrigerate them, covered, for 2 hours to overnight.
- It can be stored for 3 weeks in a refrigerator.