Oober Juicy Burritos
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: Makes 6 servings
Caution: It's Super Delicious!
It's Mexican week at the Cleary household and what does Mama have souped up for dinner? It's a burrito that will leave you stuffed to the max, but wanting more. It's the Oober Juicy Burrito (also called the Fabulous Wet Burrito)!
I came across this dish when searching for different Mexican dishes to serve my family. I'm glad I found this one. It's definitely one to go into my family's cookbook. You'll be surprised at how much this recipe will make without leaving a dent in your wallet.
Special Tip: Eat with a with a fork and be sure to save yourself plenty of wet naps. Enjoy!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground Beef/Turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can chili, without beans
- 1 (10 oz.) can condensed tomato soup
- 1-2 (10 oz.) can regular/green enchilada sauce
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese
What You Need to Do:
- Crumble ground beef/turkey into skillet over medium heat. Cook until evenly browned. Add chopped onion and cook until slightly clear. Drain oil (if any), sprinkle in and season with minced garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir in and let sit for about a minute or so. Turn heat on low and keep warm.
- In separate sauce pan, mix chili without beans, tomato soup, and enchilada sauce. Mix together well on medium heat until heated through. Turn heat on low and keep warm.
- Heat tortilla in the microwave for about 5 to 10 seconds a piece. Place warm tortilla on plate, spoon a large scoop (about 1/2 cup) of ground beef/turkey mixture on center. Top with as much lettuce and tomato as you would like. Roll up tortilla over filling. Spoon as much enchilada mixture over the burrito and sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds (or until cheese is completely melted). Repeat with other tortillas.
To jazz up your burrito a little more, add a small amount of these ingredients:
- Sour Cream
- Salsa of your choice
- Dirty Rice
Either fill or top your burrito with these four ingredients. It adds a little extra pop to the mix.
Bonus: Make Gluten-Free Tortillas
It's difficult to find gluten-free foods. Here's a great site that shows you how to make your own gluten-free tortillas.
Go the Extra Mile:
For those of you who are feeling frisky or like a certain taste, here's a great way to make your own flour tortillas.
Making Oober Juicy (Fabulous Wet) Burritos for Visual Learners:
Oober Juicy Burrito
|Serving size: 1/6|
|Calories from Fat||378|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 42 g||65%|
|Saturated fat 20 g||100%|
|Carbohydrates 92 g||31%|
|Sugar 10 g|
|Fiber 10 g||40%|
|Protein 44 g||88%|
|Cholesterol 122 mg||41%|
|Sodium 2285 mg||95%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|