- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Orange chicken with basil recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hour
Ready in: 1 hour 15 min
Yields: One person per chicken breast
- One boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Several leaves fresh basil
- One large orange
- 2T Worcestershire sauce
- 3T olive oil
- 2 to 3 green onions
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Small bunch parsley
Prepared to marinate
Orange chicken with basil preparation | Source
- Pour 1T olive oil in square baking dish.
- Mix remaining olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and orange zest in a bowl.
- Place the chicken breast(s) in the baking dish.
- Spoon the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Gently squeeze the orange slices over the top of the chicken.
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Place orange slices around the chicken breast(s).
- Sprinkle chopped basil, parsley, and green onions over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate several hours.
- Remove plastic wrap and replace with foil
- Cook at 425 for 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Orange chicken with basil ratings