Oreo Truffles Recipe
Not many people can resist Oreos - And it is particularly hard to resist these amazing Oreo Truffles! I first tried Oreo Truffles when my cousin brought them to a family event. They were so delicious! The were covered in a smooth milk chocolate and had a moist, creamy center. They even had chocolate drizzled on top! I had to ask her for the recipe, because I knew i would be trying to make them.
These truffles can be used for any occassion, but be careful if it is outdoor event on a hot day! I suggest using this recipe for large gatherings, since you can make so many at once. The recipe makes about 48 servings. You can easily halve this recipe to make a smaller amount. Or you can multiply it to make more!
There are also many variations you can make to this recipe to suit your needs. You can choose to use a different cookie, or you can pick a different type of chocolate. I listed some variations down below. It is a recipe that is easy to customize, just have fun with it!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and please leave a comment if you have any tips or tricks to add to this process!
Do you love Oreo Truffles?
- 1 package Oreos, processed into fine crumbs
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 packages chocolate chips, melted
- Put the oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs. You can also use a blender (I did)! Or you can crush them by hand.
- If you would like, scoop out about 1/4 cup of crumbs and reserve for sprinkling on top of the final product.
- Put the crumbs in to a stand mixer (or mix by hand) and turn on low speed. Begin adding the cream cheese.
- Once the mixture looks pretty uniform - Scoop out into 1 inch balls. Roll them in your hands to make a nice round shape.
- Place on a baking sheet or in a container and put them into the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- While the mixture is chilling, begin prepping the chocolate. Use a double boiler to slowly melt your chocolate chips.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the oreo balls into the chocolate. Decorate with chocolate and/or cookie crumbs. Refridgerate until firm.
- Enjoy this delicious treat!
Tips and Variations
- Don't have a food processor? Use a blender, crush them with your hands, or make up a crazy way to get them crush them into crumbs!
- Don't have a stand mixer? No problem! Just mix the ingredients by hand. It should be easy if the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Chilling the mixture will make it easier to dip into the chocolate and not fall apart.
- Refridgerate the truffles to prevent melting.
- Change the type of cookie you use.
- Pick between white chocolate, dark chocolate or regular chocolate.
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs, nuts, or other candies on top of the truffles.
- Drizzle chocolate or peanut butter on top of them.