- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Orzo Pasta Salad
This amazing summer dish is low calorie, easy, and loved by everyone! It can be easily modified, and has room for all sorts of additions. Some variations include Feta cheese, cured meat, chicken, and artichoke hearts. This is the perfect last minute idea for a potluck, or a great side for a barbecue.
Orzo may look like a grain, but it's actually a hand-cut pasta. If you like to mix it up, I suggest checking out the website below for some amazing flavored organic pastas, my favorite for this recipe is the spring medley!
- 16 ounces orzo pasta, Flavored or plain
- 6 ounce package Fresh shredded Parmesan
- 2-3 cups red, yellow or heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 cups asparugus, ends cut off, slice the rest into 1-2 inch sections
- 1 head (6-9 cloves) Garlic
- 3 cups Olive Oil
- 1 tbs sea salt, Or to taste
|Serving size: 2 ounces|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 42 g||14%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Add orzo to pot of boiling water. Boil five minutes, then add asparagus to water and cook until done. Strain all water, sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and set aside to cool.
- Add tomatoes to pasta and asparagus. You can either cut tomatoes in half and use raw, or steam and add to pasta whole.
- Place pasta in fridge to cool. Meanwhile, in food processor add peeled garlic and mince well. Scrape sides to make sure all garlic is used. Add remaining olive oil and beat on high until well mixed. More or less garlic can be used, depending on what you prefer. (For me, the more garlic the better!) then add sea salt to mixture.
- When pasta is completely cool, add cheese and garlic olive oil. Mix well, and serve cold.