Ostrich Egg Omelette Recipe
The egg is a main nutritional item on the breakfast plate in most countries of the world. They are boiled, fried, eaten raw and many times made into an omelet. Chicken eggs are the favorite among egg eaters, they are easy to access, cheap and quite tasty. But today we are going to make a special type of omelet. I will show you how to create a mega omelet with an ostrich egg. Ostrich eggs are mega rich in proteins and many have said they are even more delicious than than the egg of a chicken. In my view, the Ostrich egg and chicken egg have similar taste. But the Ostrich egg as a slight richer taste than that of the chicken. It also has some special benefits:
Health Benefits of Ostrich Eggs
- The egg is has a much richer and buttery taste
- they help to protect your heart because they are rich in omega 3
- They contain much more fiber than chicken eggs
- The eggs are packed with protein explosion.
Ostrich eggs are a health benefit because when you compare tit to a chicken egg, it contains much lower cholesterol. They are also low in saturated fat. Well, now that we know this type of egg is good and safe to eat, let's get started creating this exotic breakfast dish by using an Ostrich egg to make a mega omelet.
- 1 Ostrich Egg, Whole
- 1 Bell Pepper, Diced
- Scallion, Diced
- 2 Ounce Cheese (Parmesan), Diced
- 2 Ounce Pepperoni, Sliced Thin
- 1 table Spoon Salt, Dash
- 1 head Garlic, Thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper, Dash
- 1 Large or Wide Frying Pan
- 1 Oz Cooking Oil
Where To Get an Ostrich Egg
No! Put back your safari suit, there will be no African Journey to get an egg. You can get an Ostrich egg at your local supermarket. Just look for the biggest darn egg on the isle, and grab it. Or get in contact with an Ostrich farm and solicit a few.
Special Items You Will Need For The Ostrich Egg
Don't go picking up an Ostrich egg and thinking you can just crack it open by tapping it on the side of the dish. Ostrich eggs are tough and you just may need the nuclear codes from The United States President to open up open up one of those bad boys. You will need a metal utensil such as a cleaver or meat chopper to tap and chip away at the tough ostrich shell until you have an opening large enough to pour out the contents within the shell. Some people have used hammer and nail to bore the egg but I hate the fact that cooking and construction is going on in one room so I would recommend using something like a meat chopper. Simply use the back of the chopper to knock off the hard shell and then create a big enough hole to get to the nice juicy ostrich egg. So Now that you cracked the code, lets get this mega omelette on the road.
Instructions - Ostrich Egg Omelette
- Turn on your radio and play some good music you can tango to.
- Crack open your ostrich egg and pour the contents into a bowl
- Dice Bell pepper.
- Dice Scallion
- Beat the Ostrich egg with large fork or egg beater
- Add Salt
- Add Pepper
- Add Scallion
- Add garlic
- Slightly beat to mix contents
- Heat Fry pan at low Flame
- Add Oil (Preferably coconut)
- Wait until oil is heated, Add the contents of the bowl
- Add the pepperoni slices after the egg begins to harden on heat, spread across the egg.
- Add Parmesan cheese over all the egg.
- Use a skillet to create a fold by lifting one side of your mega omelette and flapping it onto the other.
- Cook for a bout 1 minute on both side and then use the skillet to fold again.
- Cook on both sides of the next fold for a next 45 seconds.
The Finished Product
Once your mega ostrich egg omelette is finished you can simply slide it from the pan into your large plate. You can add lettuce and mushrooms to create a beautiful presentation. You now just have to find enough people who are willing to dance tango while enjoying a nice tasting and healthy Ostrich egg meal.