- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Our Favorite Sausage Ball Recipe (Super Easy Appetizer)
You Won't Be Sorry
I've been making these for all of our major family functions for the last 25 years. I skipped making them twice and I heard about it for years. This is a simple recipe, but it has a great flavor and they can easily be frozen.
I give them five stars!!
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing, chicken flavor
- 1 cup water, hot water is best.
- 1 pound sausage, you can use whatever brand you like. I prefer Tennessee Pride.
- Pour stuffing (add herb mix if you are not using Stove Top and it is not mixed in already), sausage, and water in a bowl or a gallon size storage bag. ( I prefer the bag because I usually make several batches and I can flatten them out and stack them. ) Mix ingredients well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. I usually mix my ingredients the night before, just to save time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet. Roll the mixture out into balls. I generally roll mine into 1-inch balls, but some members of the family like them larger. I don't really worry if they aren't completely uniform...you can always cook them a little longer if they don't look good to you.
- Place in the 350 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and turn each one over. Return to the oven for 15 more minutes. The sausage balls should be brown at this point. If they aren't as crisp as you like, you can leave them in longer, but don't walk away.