- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Oven Fried Cajun Fish With Roasted Vegetables
This oven fried, Cajun fish recipe was made with tilapia, but you can substitute your favorite fish in this dish.
As long as the fish you substitute is not tuna or salmon, you should be OK.
I served the main dish with a side of red beans, dirty rice, and a crisp cucumber salad.
The entire meal should take you no longer than 35 minutes from oven to table.
Oven Fried Fish Ingredients
3 Pieces of Fish (I used Tilapia)
1 Box McCormick Cajun Seafood Fry Mix
1 Whole Onion (small)
1 Cup of Sliced Mushrooms
1/2 Cup of Sliced Bell Pepper
2 Tblsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
1/2 Cup of Milk
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Shallow Roasting Pan
1 Shallow Baking Dish
1 Piece of Foil of Adequate Length to fit in the Roasting Pan
1) Grab a cutting board and slice the onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers, and then set the vegetables aside.
2) Grab the shallow roasting pan and cover the bottom with a layer of foil. Spread the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter onto the foil - be careful not to rip the foil. It works much better if you use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in the plastic spray bottle, but I did not have any on hand.
3) Turn your oven on to 425 degrees, and set the buttered roasting pan in the oven just long enough to melt the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - then take it out and set the pan aside.
4) Grab a quart sized Ziplock bag and shake the contents of the McCormick Cajun Seafood Fry Mix into the bag, and then set it aside.
5) Grab a shallow dish, plate or bowl, and fill it with a half a cup of milk, and then grab each of fish, one by one, and dip it in the milk, then drop each one into the Ziplock bag with the seasoning mix. Make sure to shake well in order to coat the fish evenly; repeat this step for each piece of fish separately.
6) After coating each piece of fish with the seasoning mix, lightly coat each piece with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, when both sides are coated lay it onto the pan; repeat until all three pieces of fish are coated, but make sure not to remove too much of the seasoning mix when coating the fish - you just want a light coating of butter on each piece of fish.
7) Salt & pepper your veggies to taste, and then arrange them around your fish, try to make sure each piece of vegetable rests on a buttered piece of foil.
8) Let the fish & veggies cook for 10-20 minutes (depending on the density of the fish you select), and then clean up the kitchen while it cooks.
9) When the fish and veggies are done you can serve it with a nice tossed salad, or go all out like I did and serve it with red beans and dirty rice. Enjoy!