Recipe | Pabda Fish Curry - A Bengali Recipe
Bengali Name: Pabda Maacher Jhal
Fish curries are always special when it comes from a Bengali kitchen. Pabda is a kind of freshwater fish. It is very soft and testy. I am giving you a very simple recipe which you can try right now!
- Pabda fish 250 gm
- Turmeric powder 2 tsp
- Mustard oil 100 gm
- Onion seeds 2 tsp
- Green chillies 5 nos
- Salt to test
- Green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Clean and marinate the fish with 1 tsp turmeric powder, a little salt and 1 tsp of mustard oil for ½ an hour.
- Heat the mustard oil and gently fry the fishes in low flame. Use lid when frying. When it is half done remove fishes from the pan and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add onion seeds, remaining turmeric powder, water and green chillies. Boil with medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Add fishes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with fine rice.
(IF you don’t like fire remove seeds from the green chillies. It will give you the required flavor without the fire.)