- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Spinach or Palak Paneer North Indian style Recipe
Palak Paneer North Indian style Recipe
This Palak or Spinach and Paneer has their own health benefits.
Spinach or Palak in general has following health benefits.
1) Anti-Inflammatory benefits
2) Acts as good antioxidant
3) Vitamin K in it is good for your bones
4) Anti-cancer benefits
Paneer has following benefits:
1) High at protein and reduces cancer risk
2) Reduces risk of heart attack
3) Helps to support lower, back and joint pain
4) Prevents stomach disorders
Hence this is another healthy dish for my readers. Please try to cook the dish & serve it to your family.
- 1 bunch Spinach, (washed and chopped)
- 1 cup Paneer, (sliced)
- Refined Oil
- 2-3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamoms
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks, (1/2 inch)
- ½ tablespoon Cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon Dhania powder
- ½ teaspoon Fenugreek leaves
- 1 Big Onion, (chopped)
- 1 Tomato, (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger-garlic Paste
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- 3 Almonds
- 4-5 Cashew nuts
- Water, (as required)
Making of spinach puree
Making of spinach puree & Palak paneer curry
- Wash the spinach very well in water.
- Pour water in a pan, add little salt to it and heat the water.
- After 2-3 minutes switch off the flame and add the spinach leaves in the hot water. Let the spinach leaves be in the water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the spinach leaves and place them in a separate bowl to cool.
- In a blender or grinder put the drained spinach leaves, cashew and almonds. Grind the ingredients to a fine paste.
- Place the spinach puree in a separate bowl.
- Below instructions are the step by step process for making Palak Paneer curry.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Put Cloves, Cinnamon Sticks and cardamoms in the oil . Then add cumin seeds in the pan and fry them along with the ingredients. .
- Fry the ingredients for few seconds and add the chopped onions in the oil and fry the onions till they become golden brown.
- Now add the Ginger-garlic paste in the same pan and fry till the raw smell of the ginger-garlic paste goes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes till the tomatoes get cooked. Stir the tomatoes along with the onions and smash the boiled tomatoes
- It’s the time to add all the spices in the pan. Put red chilli powder, dhania powder, turmeric powder and fenugreek leaves.
- Stir the ingredients and allow them to fry for 2-3 minutes till the raw smell of the spices goes.
- Now pour the required quantity of water in the pan and allow them to cook for few minutes.
- Pour the spinach puree in the curry boiling in the pan and mix them well.
- Add the required quantity of salt and allow them to cook for few minutes.
- Now it is the time to add paneer pieces in the palak curry. Allow the paneer to cook for less than 10 minutes.
- Note: Do not over stir the paneer in the palak curry, as the paneer may break
- Cook the palak paneer curry till the paneer becomes soft and succulent.
- Serve the palak paneer hot with some roti, naan or jeera rice
- Note: Paneer cubes can also be lightly fried and then added to the curry. In this case, you don’t need to cook the paneer for a long time in the gravy, as when frying they are already cooked.
Making of Palak paneer curry
© 2013 Ravi and Swastha