Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
One of the most loved Indian Curries, Paneer Butter Masala is sure to be on the menu of your favorite Indian Restaurant. Its rich, creamy, buttery gravy merged the Calcium rich Paneer appeals to most people. A great side dish for Roti/Naan Bread, Kulcha or Chapati.
Time to Prepare: 30 min
Paneer Butter Masala Ingredients
- Paneer or Cottage Cheese - 200 gms
- Yogurt or Curd - 1/4 cup
- Unsalted Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Cashew Nut Paste - 1/4 cup
- Tandoori Color - 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Finely chopped Green Chillies - 2-3
- Onion Paste - 1/4 cup
- Tomato Puree - 1/2 cup
- Ginger Paste - 1 tsp
- Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves or Kasuri Methi - 2 Tbsp
- Fresh Cream - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Clarified Butter or Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cilantro or Coriander Leaves
- Oil to fry
How to Make Paneer Butter Masala
- Cut the Paneer or Cottage Cheese into cubed sized pieces and deep fry them in a Oil until the Paneer turns golden brown in color. Allow the fried Paneer pieces it to cool.
- Soak all the fried Paneer or Cottage Cheese pieces in Yogurt or Curd for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat Oil and Ghee in a medium or large sized pan. Add Finely chopped Green Chillies, Onion Paste, Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste and fry for a minute or until the raw smell of Onion/Garlic disappears. Now add Tomato Puree and fry all these ingredients for 5 more minutes.
- Now add all the powder ingredients - Turmeric Powder, Tandoori Color (optional), Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Jeera Powder and Salt. Mix all these ingredients well.
- At this stage, add Fresh Cream and 1/2 cup of water and cook for 2 minutes. Then add Cashew Nut Paste, Fried and soaked Paneer from Step 2 and again cook everything for 3-5 minutes.
- Finally add Unsalted Butter, Garam Masala Powder and Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves). Cook it for 2 minutes. Garnish with finely chopped Cilantro or Coriander Leaves.
Now delicious, creamy Paneer Butter Masala is ready to serve. Serve Paneer Butter Masala with Roti, Naan, Kulcha and Chapati.
Best of the Web on Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
... A bright orange-colored smooth,creamy and light buttery flavored North Indian fare, Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most popular main course food items in Indian restaurants...
...This is one food which most Indians adore. This is treated as an exotic dish especially among vegetarians.
...Try this mouth-watering Paneer Butter Masala recipe at home and enjoy its taste as it lingers on your tongue and your senses!
Paneer Butter Masala is such a rich and delicious dish, we are die hard fans of this gravy thickened by using onion puree, tomato puree, cashew paste and cream..Needless to say that this paneer butter masala suits very well as side dish with Naan, rotis, parottas or with chapathis...
...No one could go wrong on this mouth watering creamy orange calcium loaded dish. When eaten with butter nan or paratha it is delicious.