- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
30-Minute Panko Crusted Cod
Panko Breaded Cod has been a favorite in my household for years. It's not only a delightful family meal, but also a health conscious dish to prepare. Cod is loaded with great vitamins and minerals, plus it's a popular white fish with a mild flavor, and it doesn't have that post-meal "fishy" taste that can be such a turnoff. Here, I opted for Panko breadcrumbs over the traditional version because Panko provides a more defined texture. This 30-minute recipe is simple, delicious and one you'll be making for years to come.
- 1 lb wild Alaska Cod fillets, skinless/boneless
- 3 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 qt vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- powdered garlic, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Mrs Dash garlic & herb seasoning blend, to taste
- In a large pan pour in the vegetable oil and turn heat to medium-high.
- Cut fish into thin strips and lay onto wax paper.
- In a bowl, crack two eggs and mix; set aside.
- On another sheet of wax paper pour breadcrumbs. You should have three areas to work with; the Cod; to the right of that, your eggs; to the right of that, your breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle fish with all seasonings, to your desire. Disperse Mrs. Dash throughout breadcrumbs, to ensure meal is well seasoned.
- Once the fish is seasoned well, take one piece at a time and dip it into the beaten egg, then dredge the egg-covered fish into the breadcrumbs. Once the Cod is coated in breadcrumbs, layer piece by piece into the hot oil. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Lay the cooked fish on a plate with paper towels to soak up the oil. Turn the fish over to soak up the oil on the other side.
It takes little effort to enjoy such a satisfying, seafood meal. Serve it with roasted potatoes, brown rice or with a Caesar salad and soon you'll be indulging in a mouth-watering dish that’ll have you smiling for hours. Bon Appétit!