- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Party Dips-Simple Addition to Your Party Menu and So Easy to Make
Having a party? Whatever the occasion, appetizers add tasty variety to the menu.
Put out some salsa in a pretty bowl with taco chips on the side or whip up one of these easy-to-make party dips!
Everyone will love them and they don't take a lot of time to make:
- Easy Cheese Dip
- Mexican Cheese Dip
- Clams Casino Dip
- Crabmeat Cream Cheese Dip
- Classic Clam Dip
Easy Cheese Dip
This cheese dip will be so popular that you may have to protect it from before-party predators. Make lots extra or hide it in the back of the frig till it's time!
- 1 ½ lb. Colby cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ lb. extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Dash of Tabasco
- 1 T Worcester sauce
- 1 ½ T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 2 T prepared mustard
- 1 quart real mayonnaise
Mix well. Refrigerate. Best when chilled for at least 12 hours before using but most people can’t wait!
Optional ingredients: Chopped olives or bacon bits or 4 oz. chopped pimentos or parsley
Mexican Chili Cheese Dip
- 1 can Hormel chili, without beans
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1 8 oz. pkg hot pepper cheese or cheddar cheese
- Sliced black olives (optional)
Spread softened cream cheese in a shallow casserole dish or an 8 inch square baking dish works well. Spread Hormel chili over cream cheese layer. Top with grated cheddar cheese and sliced olives.
Microwave 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Serve with taco chips or sliced vegetables. Easy and delicious! Enjoy!
Clams Casino Dip
Clams casino lovers will especially enjoy this great appetizer. It's all that clams casino is, minus the shell! Doubling the recipe is recommended. It will go fast!
- ¼ cup minced onion, fresh
- 35 crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 pound crushed real bacon
- 3 cans chopped clams (save juice from 2 cans, drain the 3rd can)
- Dash garlic salt
Mix including juice from 2 cans of clams, NOT 3, BAKE 350° oven for 30-45 minutes. Serve hot, with crackers.
Easy Crab Meat & Cream Cheese Dip
- 2 8 oz. bars cream cheese
- Small can crab meat or the equivalent in imitation crab meat
- Garlic powder
- 1 jar chili sauce
Soften the cream cheese; stir in crab meat and sprinkle with garlic powder to taste. Blend and form into a ball. Make a large dent in top of ball and pour in the cocktail sauce. Serve with crackers for dipping.
Classic Clam Dip
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 oz. can chopped or minced clams (reserve the juice)
- 1/4 cup clam juice
Combine ingredients and serve immediately with crackers or refrigerate for later use.