Passion Fruit Mousse Recipe
Passion fruit Nutrition facts
Outside from being delicious Passion fruit is also very nutritious. Below are some of the amazing properties of this fruit.
Rich in Vitamine A, B and C
Iron and Calcium Source
Passion Fruit Mousse
I have been noticing in the recent years that passion fruit is becoming more popular in the USA and we are gradually seeing more of this fresh, delicious fruit in supermarkets and we are now able to find it as a fruit flavor for juices, yogurt as well as ice cream. I simply love that globalization brings us fruity treasures from different parts of the world and it is always fun to try new flavors. As I brazilian I grew up eating the passion fruit and enjoying the sweet and sour taste that it brings to my mouth and I am excited to be able to find, here in California, the resources that I need to craft this fabulous mousse. Yes it is my favorite dessert of all time and also one of the most popular ways we serve passion fruit in Brazil. It is so simple, delicious and refreshing so here is a step by step instructions on how to make a yummy Passion Fruit Mousse.
Big Batch or Mini Bites
This mousse is quite versatile and very simple to make as a one big mousse or as mini bites as well. Great for celebrations the mini mousses are a perfect single bite dessert. The best way to craft them is to purchase plastic or chocolate cups and fill them up with the mousse, adorn it and serve it with a small plastic spoon. The process is so simple so if you throwing a party and need an amazing and simple dessert to serve the passion fruit finger desserts are a simple solution. Once the mousse is mixed you can then fill up the little cups instead of placing the whole mousse on a single bowl. Chill it for 2 hours and the mini cups are ready to serve. So in addition to serving the recipe in a big bowl know that this recipe can be served in few different ways.
Passion Fruit Mousse Preparation and Serving
- 1 cup Sweet condensed milk, Nestle
- 1 cup Media crema table cream, Nestle
- 1 cup Fruit concentrate, Passion Fruit
- Optional 1 Passion Fruit
- Optional 1 tbs Sugar
- Optional 1 cup Mineral Water
Step by Step instructions for the mousse
- Place the condensed milk the table cream and the juice concentrate in the blender and blend it at a medium speed until the 3 components are fully incorporated. on a low speed blend it for another 2 minutes until the liquid becomes fluffy.
- Pour the passion fruit mousse mixture in to one single large bowl or into small serving dishes. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled the dessert is then ready to serve. If you happen to have purchased a passion fruit you can certainly split one in half and use its seeds to embelish the mousse. They give the mousse a certain crunch that will make the mousse magical. another way to do it is my creating a amazing sweet sauce with the seeds as well. I will make sure to post additional instructions on how to make the delicious sauce that pairs so well with this mousse
Ready Passion Fruit Mousse
Passion Fruit Sauce
Passion Fruit Mousse Sause
If you would like to embellish your passion fruit mousse with a deliciously sweet and sour sauce you will need 3 ingredients.
1 passion fruit, 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of sugar. On a small pan and medium heat mix in all the ingredients until the sauce is reduced to the consistency you like. Once the sauce is cooled you can then pour it gently or generously on the top of the Passion fruit mousse. The sauce can also be used to decorate the plate.
Passion fruit mousse instruction from Owner of Saint Mount Claire Restaurant
Quick Poll Question
Have you ever tried Passion Fruit or anything Passion Fruit?
Hope you enjoyed this delicious dessert and find some time to indulge in the ART of cooking. It is always fun to explore new cultures and test those taste buds.