Passion Fruit Lime Zest Bircher Muesli
Simple story. When you are so fed up with regular slice of bread with slabs of butter and sugar-filled jam on it, you have to come up with something refreshing. And I made myself a bowl of passion fruit lime zest bircher muesli.
This recipe is pretty simple.
This is a 1-person portion, and I measure it in dl due to my familiarity with the measurement. Since 1 cup = 2.4dl, the number is quite odd if I convert it into dl. But I'll add it anyway.
- 1dl or about 0.4 cup oats
- 1.5dl or about 0.7 cup milk, almond milk tastes best
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons coconut shreds
- 1 passion fruit
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup, or agave
- 1.5 teaspoons lime zest, lemon zest works fine, but I prefer the smell of lime
- In a bowl mix the ingredients together.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and ideally leave it overnight. However, the mixture sets nicely in just an hour.
- In the morning, top the bircher muesli with your favorite toppings. I chose passion fruit, more lime zest, pumpkin seeds and goji berries.