This Could be a New Favorite Pasta Recipe: Pasta and Tomatoes
Pasta is always a Good Idea
Anyone that loves pasta knows that there are many ways to enjoy it, but if you are looking for a new way to prepare your favorite types of pasta, here is a simple recipe. From pasta shells to tortellini, this easy recipe will become one of your favorites.
The great thing about pasta is that it can be the meal or accent the meal. You can present it as a the main item and serve with garlic bread and a salad, or you can simply add it as a side dish to your favorite beef, chicken or pork dish.
- 3 Plum tomatoes
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 Scallions stalks
- 3 Basil leaves (large)
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. Salt (if desired)
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 to 1 lb. Pasta or Tortellini, Cook as directed on box or bag
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Begin cooking pasta or tortellini as directed on box or bag. Use 1 lb. of pasta or 1/2 lb. of tortellini.
- Wash tomatoes and then cut off tips each end
- Cut in half and cut out center of tomato
- Place foil on an oven safe pan
- Place cut tomatoes onto foil
- In a bowl pour in 1 cup bread crumb
- Mince garlic
- Cut basil into tiny pieces
- Slice scallions into tiny rings
- Add salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients with bread crumb
- Add olive oil till bread crumb mixture becomes pasty and moist
- Fill the plum tomatoes with mixture
- Coat the pan with olive oil and sprinkle some oil over tomatoes
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until tomatos are soft and break apart easily
Tomatoes Ready to Bake
- Mix together with tomatoes and it is ready to serve.
- Serve and Enjoy..!