- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
"Patatnik" (Пататник) comes from the word "potatoes".
It is a pastry (potato pie) with many recipes. Some are good for fasting (no eggs, only vegetables and olive or sunflower oil) while others are good for solid dinner or lunch with various cheeses and meats included.
Mutual in all recipes are potatoes and onions, grated or finely chopped.
- 1.5 - 2 kg (3-4 pounds) Potatoes, Finely grated or chopped
- 1 Onion, (large, with lots of juice)
- 4 Eggs
- Few leaves Mint, Spearmint works best.
- 1 coffee cup Flour
- 1 chunk Butter, Depends on your taste, you may use olive oil instead
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the onion and potatoes and grate them in grinder or chopper. Don't make them smooth if you use a kitchen robot. They need to be in chunks.
- Mix in some salt, vegetable oil and chopped mint leaves.
- Scramble few eggs and add them too. Stir well, so the vegetables stick together.
- Pour the mix in a baking form. If the form is metal or sticky, it is better to add some flour before this.
- Spread evenly and add few chunks of butter on top. Heat will melt them.
- Bake until crispy on top and soft inside (30-40 minutes is okay - some potatoes need less, some more - so check with a fork)
- Enjoy your dinner with glass of wine or a pint of beer!